Saturday 11 August 2018

Beautiful hands bags Design








I always feel a bit awkward carrying around a backpack around in fancy bars after work. So I needed a bag that had the same functionality as my backpack, but stylish enough that I could take it out. For along time I had my eyes on a $4,000 Celine Bag. It was visually perfect, but it wouldn’t have fit my laptop or sport gear, nor did it have a longer strap. So buying it would have been pointless.
I decided to re-create it myself with a few tweaks to suit my needs. The size was designed to perfectly fit my belongings and a short clip on strap was added so that I could swing it onto my back like my backpack.

On a few occasions, I found myself in need of a small black, simple shoulder bag to use on nights out. I drew from past experiences and problems I’ve had with going out bags. I knew that it would get dirty on the inside. I’ve smashed a cowboy shot in my bag before and had a bottle of foundation leak everywhere on many occasions, but that’s another story.



I’ll first begin by creating paper prototypes. For each model I make I’ll go back and forth tweaking the pattern to get the shape and size just right. The prototyping phase is a great time to make sure all the real objects you’ll be placing in the bag will fit.
Its also a good idea to wear the paper prototypes around to get an idea of the sizing and how it sits on the body. The image below is an example of me testing the true contents. My gym clothes and laptop needed to fit into it otherwise the bag’s existence would be worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment